Sunday, February 12, 2006

Evangelical Asshats - Part 2

Evangelical Asshats - Part 2

A few days ago I posted my disgusted reaction to the recent statement by some 80 “evangelical leaders” decrying “global warming” and trying to make it sound like fighting global warming has a Scriptural basis!  Hmmmmmmmm.  Probably about as much Scriptural basis as the claim that God wants us all to be rich, etc, etc.

In fact, it strikes me as a way for these 80-some-odd asshats to sound “together” and “with it” – something I would not expect from “evangelical leaders.”  

I guess they are “evangelical(s) light!”

Well, thankfully, Jerry Falwell has had a similar reaction to mine and you can read about it here.

Seems to me that the LORD doesn’t need our help in managing the ambient temperatures of his footstool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #