Saturday, December 17, 2005

My Sincere Apologies to Lucky Singaporean: Correction

My Sincere Apologies to Lucky Singaporean: Correction

In an earlier post today, I unintentionally misconstrued and misrepresented Lucky Tan’s point and purpose in a post of his own on his blog called Diary of a Lucky Singaporean on the subject of foreign Malaysian workers in Singapore.

In fact, what I implied in my piece was exactly the opposite of what Lucky Tan intended to say.

While I represented Tan as saying that the presence of 400,000 (largely Muslim) Malaysian workers in Singapore represents a serious security threat to Singapore, Tan, in two posts (here and here), made it clear that he was trying to say exactly the opposite – i.e., that the presence of some 400,000 (largely Muslim) Malaysian workers in Singapore is a boon – not only to Singapore’s economy – but also to Singapore’s security.

I apologize to Lucky Tan and any and all readers whom I may have inadvertently misled in the process.

In the meantime, the original post has been changed to more accurately reflect Mr. Tan’s position (as opposed to mine) regarding the matter of the presence of a significant Malaysian labor presence in Singapore and its implications regarding Singapores’ security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #