Saturday, December 30, 2006

Crocodile Tears for Saddam from the Vatican (Apologies to John Huss, et al?)

Crocodile Tears for Saddam from the Vatican (Apologies to John Huss, et al?)

I just copied the following headline from Pat Dollard’s blog:

-VATICAN: "A NEW TRAGEDY"  "THE CATHOLIC CHURCH...IS AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY"

Allegedly, this was the Vatican’s “reaction” to Saddam’s execution today.

Hmmmm.  Has the Vatican paid reparations to the descendants of John Huss and the MULTITUDES of OTHERS whose executions she has either orchestrated of approved over the centuries.  (Answer: I highly doubt it.)

Sorry:  I don’t buy the “but the Catholic Church has changed” argument.  (Oh, has it, really?)

If it had changed, it would ask for forgiveness for ALL its past executions.  (I am a former Catholic:  And I am not holding my breath on this one.)

Really:  The Vatican would have been smarter either to keep silent on this matter – or to say something like “Justice has been done; but justice has a harsh side to it that brings no joy when it is carried out – though carried out it must be.”

P.S.  I highly recommend Foxe’s Book of Martyrs.  Must reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #