Saturday, March 18, 2006

South Park v. Scientology War Continues (Great Fun!)

South Park v. Scientology War Continues (Great Fun!)

We recently posted how Hollywood notable Isaac Hayes (himself a scientologist) recently parted ways with his South Park employers in a snit over their having poked fun at his beloved Scientology in one of their episodes.

As the South Park creators noted:  Hayes never seemed to object to any episodes mocking Christianity.  For him, Scientology was apparently sacrosanct.

Well, South Park is not ABOUT to stop poking fun at Scientology – especially after a recent South Park broadcast spoofing the faddish faith was cancelled from its scheduled television airing – some say at the behest of uber Scientologist, Tom Cruise.  (Hat tip: Drudge.)

This temporary set-back has apparently only strengthened the desire of the South Park creators to keep making fun of Scientology.

As a Christian, I do not have a dog in this fight.  Additionally, I view South Park as degrading and unedifying.

Nonetheless, I get a kick out of seeing the hypocrisy of the Hollywood Scientology devotees exploited for what it is – Hypocrisy.

I respect the South Park executives for being consistent: They are equal opportunity mockers, at least.

6 Comments:

Blogger TexasFred said...

I respect the South Park executives for being consistent: They are equal opportunity mockers, at least.
--------------------------

Reminds me of ME..

I'm an equal opportunity racist, I hate everyone equally...

Sat Mar 18, 10:10:00 AM PST  
Blogger GunJam said...

hi, texasfred -- thank you for your comment. There IS something to be said for consistency. I wouldn't say you are a racist -- just a plain old misanthrope, perhaps! ;-) -- gunjam

Sat Mar 18, 03:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

That I am...

Sat Mar 18, 03:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger GunJam said...

texasfred -- You tickle me! -- gunjam

Sat Mar 18, 10:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger BostonMaggie said...

Wasn't that from a Dirty Harry movie about Harry hating everyone?

Mon Mar 20, 08:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger GunJam said...

hi, bostonmaggie! I have no idea: I will take you as correct on that unless someone cares to try to prove otherwise. -- gunjam

Tue Mar 21, 12:58:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #