Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Perhaps It Is Hereditary? (Bush Family’s Penchant for Letting Democratic Congresses to Raise Taxes)

Perhaps It Is Hereditary? (Bush Family’s Penchant for Letting Democratic Congresses to Raise Taxes)

The current President’s Father is probably more (and more negatively) remembered for breaking his own “read my lips” promise not to agree to any tax increases than he is for his Gulf War I campaign.

Well, it seems that the current President – who has until now positioned himself as a tax-cutter and not a tax-raiser – may be looking to follow in his daddy’s ill-fated steps.

While I hate the idea of a tax increase (even one that may not raise my taxes personally – as I am not a high-income earner), I suspect there may be a silver lining to this cloud:  Permanent damage to any talk of Jeb Bush’s having a potential future as a Republican Presidential candidate.

Just say NO to (any more) Bush(es running for President).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #