Monday, February 27, 2006

State Department Subliminal Message to Prospective Exam Takers: White Males Need Not Apply?

State Department Subliminal Message to Prospective Exam Takers:  White Males Need Not Apply?

The US State Department is not one of my favorite organizations.  As far as I am concerned, it might better be called the US Appeasement Department.  The Foggy Bottom types have apparently never found an Islamic terrorist they don’t like.

The latest idiocy was the recent announcement that we will continue to pump hundreds of millions of dollars of “aid” into the Hamas-run, Islamofascist Entity, affectionately known to some as “The Palestinian Authority.” (Hat tip: lgf.)

Well, now I invite you to visit one of the pages on the State Department’s Web site.  The one designed to attract and inform prospective Foreign Service officers.

Of all the individuals (actual State Department employees) -- and there are quite a few, including the “Meet Suzie-Q” pics – I noticed that there are representatives of all kinds of “Government-approved” minorities, which is fine.

However, and what is NOT fine with me: There is NARY a picture of a white male.

Now, no one can imagine that this is an accident.  What one does wonder is:  Is this a “subliminal message” to prospective Foreign Service-exam takers that “White Males need not apply?”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may explain why despite having my Masters, my exam did not pass. I have excelled on all previous standardized tests and I have even helped develop tests in college. I never checked why I didnt pass. I think I will investigate. White male

Tue Feb 28, 09:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger GunJam said...

White Male: Best of success! My level of trust in the State Department is very low. However, I do recommend that you attempt to retake the exam (more than once, if need be). One thing I have heard about the State Department is that they do not mind people taking the test over and over. -- gunjam

Tue Feb 28, 06:42:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #