Saturday, March 11, 2006

An Explanation for My Recent Silence

An Explanation for My Recent Silence

Why has my blog been silent for quite awhile.  While there are many contributing factors, the single most important one is that my son was in town.  

This is the first time we have actually SEEN him since he departed for Iraq about one year ago.

We are delighted (and sobered) to see that he has returned honorably – and with life and health intact, while others came back maimed or in coffins.

Just a word from one soldier just returned: He believes in our mission in Iraq.  He sees good being accomplished.  He has confidence in and respect for President Bush as his commander-in-chief.

Moreover, he feels that a pullout now would show rank disloyalty to those soldiers who have paid the ultimate price in the war in Iraq.

While I am disgusted with some of President Bush’s domestic policies (e.g., the broken borders and the unfortunate Dubai Ports World episode), I remain a staunch supporter of his war in Iraq and call on the country to continue to rally around him.

The terrorists want us out:  Thus, it is a good bet that our presence in Iraq is doing some good – the MSM hive’s high-pitched, estrogen-rich, buzz to the contrary notwithstanding.

2 Comments:

Blogger TexasFred said...

You just described me and my Son to a *T*...

His words echo your Son and my feeling mirror yours as well, strange isn't it...

I CAN and DO rag on about Bush but at least for now, he is the CiC and we have to support him, even if at times we think he's wrong...

Sat Mar 11, 07:32:00 PM PST  
Blogger GunJam said...

texasfred: Great comment; you are a good man and a true patriot -- as is your son! I am honored to be acquainted with you. -- gunjam

Sat Mar 11, 07:38:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #