Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Louisiana Governor Blanco Is Not Coming out of Katrina Looking Very Good

I will admit that President Bush, Mayor Nagin, and Governor Blanco all have some things to answer for for the way they handled the pre-Katrina evacuation and the post-Katrina relief effort.

However, let me hasten to add, that I highly doubt that I could have done any better than President Bush did and is doing.

I think it is pretty clear that both Nagin and Blanco messed up BIG TIME. However, in my view, Nagin acts like he wants to "repent and do good", meaning that -- even though he made some EGREGIOUS errors of judgment, he truly seems to want to do the best he can now with the huge task that remains ahead.

Sadly, I cannot say the same about Governor Blanco. She (and her soul-sister, Senator Landrieu) not only come out of this crisis looking incompetent, but also very mean-spirited, vindictive, and spiteful to boot! This article, I believe, supports me in my view of the Governor's performance thus far.

(Hat tip: realclearpolitics.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
# # # # #